HOW TO SAVE ON YOUR MOVING IN SACRAMENTO
1. Get rid of unneeded items: dump or garage sale. Don't pay Sacramento movers to move the stuff you don't need.
2. Collect quotes from moving companies at least 3 weeks before the planned moving date. If you book moving services in Sacramento at least 3-4 weeks in advance you have a chance to save some money because most moving companies raise their rates when they have only one ot two moving crews available for a specific date.
3. Pack as many loose items in the house as possible: lamps, vacuum cleaner, brooms, shoes, toys etc. Packing is tedious and takes time; so you can save on this if you start packing in advance. In addition, the cleaner and more organized your place is the faster your movers will be able to move the furniture and other items around your house.
4. Use only brand new boxes (small and medium-size) or/and plastic bins. Otherwise, movers will have to spend extra time stacking the boxes inside of the truck to avoid damages: brand new boxes are sturdy enough to hold the weight of 4-6 other boxes of the same size while used boxes are flimsy and difficult to move around.
5. Use banker boxes for books and small items. This is very convenient and will save a lot of time for you for packing (no tape is needed to assemble banker boxes)
Bottom line: book moving services in advance and try to pack loose and personal items. Got2Move, your Sacramento moving company, will do the rest!