To calculate the average moving cost correctly, you need a moving quote calculator. To calculate moving, you don’t need to call somewhere, wait in line, and explain all the details of your move to managers. Just take advantage of a moving calculator that allows you to conduct quote estimates online. It will answer all your questions about moving costs in just a second.
The dynamic and highly experienced California moving company Got2Move not only provides you with stressless services of moving but estimates moving rates in a moment. Its advanced online calculator estimates realistic moving expenses with a guaranteed ceiling for local moves and a fixed price for long-distance moves. The detailed information provided by a client together with the huge successful experience of the Got2Move company makes the entire procedure of calculation quick and precise.
WHAT FACTORS AFFECT MOVING COSTS IN CALIFORNIA
If your neighbors have told you how much money they spent on moving, don't assume it's a one-size-fits-all price. The moving cost depends on a variety of factors, starting from who will pack your belongings to whether they are being transported directly to a new house. Possibly, you will need storage services of moving companies for some time.
To take into account all the factors and not be afraid of unforeseen expenses, use the company calculator to estimate moving costs. Local moves and Long-distance moves have their specifics for moving estimates. Your moving budget will depend on the following factors:
Factors of Moving for Local and Long-distance Moves
- Distance of moving is one of the most essential factors. Moving cost estimator calculates the cost of moving based on the number of full miles from your current to your future home.
- Moving Supplies may seem a secondary factor that doesn’t cause a considerable increase in moving costs. However, in reality, you may wish to pack all your belongings separately. It demands a lot of boxes, paper, cardboard, and other packaging materials. As a result, this aspect of expenditure can appear quite substantial. Packers and movers rate calculator will show you how much of your moving cost will be reserved for moving supplies.
- Moving add-ons are additional expenditure items that may be included in the cost of moving. For example, your furniture needs to be disassembled before moving and reassembled in your new house or apartment. You can do it yourself or require professional services by moving companies. The same concerns loading and unloading things to the moving container or moving truck. Packing and unpacking things is also a responsible and time-consuming function that can be implemented by you or the moving company. Also, value protection may be demanded by you for the safe transporting of your property. Online moving calculator will take into account all these additional items of expenditure in your total cost of moving.
Additional Factors for Local Move
- Fuel and Base fee includes the cost of fuel, toll roads, as well as the basic transfer fee. Moving cost estimator online is based on advanced technologies that allow taking into account all these circumstances immediately. You don’t need to search on the internet to figure out whether the road you are moving on is toll or toll-free. The online calculator will do that for you.
- Packing Services may essentially influence the final price of your moving expenses. You may choose to pack only your furniture and fragile things. Still, a lot of people ask for packing services even for small possessions. Under these conditions, the protection of your possessions will be much higher. Calculator moving price will include packing services into the total amount of your spending.
Additional Factors for Moving on Long Distance
- Size of moving. People have different preferences regarding the design of the interior space of their houses. Some choose austere solutions and prefer empty spaces. They have a small amount of furniture and other belongings. Others furnish their rooms with luxury impressive furniture with additional elements of decor. In the first case, fewer trucks are needed to move. Therefore, the number of things you will be transporting is an important factor in calculating the average moving cost. This also includes the size of your home, things from which you will be transporting. The larger the house, the more things it contains, which must be transported. A house calculator takes into consideration the size of your house and the volume or quantity of transported belongings.
- Loading and unloading conditions specify who will be responsible for the delivery of your possessions into the truck. Your mover can implement this task with high professionalism securing the careful carriage of your belongings. In such a case, the total value of moving services will rise. The calculator will help you to compare the moving cost with and without the services of movers.
- Storage. You may prefer to keep your transported property at moving company storage facilities for a while. The moving calculator will include storage services in your general costs if you need them.
HOW TO CALCULATE MOVING COSTS
You can estimate moving expenses online with the advanced moving estimate calculator from Got2Move. This is the fastest, easiest, and most accurate way to determine the total budget for moving. To get an instant estimate for moving, you need to answer just a couple of questions about your move:
- Your current address from which you are moving or ZIP code
- Type of the building you move from (private house, apartment building, office building)
- Floor you are moving from
- Number of stair flights for determining the cost movers service
- Availability of elevator, which is also important for estimating mover services
- Possibility of parking for truck
- Square footage of your house or apartment
- Number of rooms, including living rooms
- Walking distance from doors to parking to calculate the distance to which your belongings will be carried
Professional moving company Got2Move provides you with the most accurate free moving quote calculator. It will calculate the number of full miles for your local or long-distance move. The most elaborated moving calculator will guarantee the accuracy of all estimates, which you can check according to the price list.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY DURING A MOVE
If the total cost of moving will be higher than you expected, you can choose several ways to minimize it:
- Sell those unnecessary belongings that might be demanded by someone else.
- Donate some of your staff to charity organizations.
- Get rid of old, defected, and weary possessions that no one needs. Having done all this, you will be surprised at the difference in the numbers on the calculator.
- Wisely choose the date of moving with the assistance of a calculator. The general conditions for moving are better in the summertime. That is why a lot of people prefer this season for moving. As a result, estimated costs for summer move are essentially higher. That is why postponing your moving date till autumn will allow you to save up to 20-30% of the general value of moving.
- Book your move as early as possible. A moving company has a special price for sudden moves that should be conducted immediately. And usually, it is much higher. Moreover, if you call too late the date you prefer for moving can be booked by someone else.
- Take advantage of the important feature of a free moving estimate calculator. Moving Quote Online will calculate the approximate cost of your move.
- Remember that weight equals money. Find out the heaviest possessions and sell or donate them. It could be dumbbells or some other sports equipment. The calculator by weight will estimate the excessive cargo. These weighty things make your move significantly more expensive. Moreover, by giving up some heavy things, you will decrease the total number of items for your move. It means that your insurance also will decrease.
- Cancel Services. Pay all taxes of your state and unpaid bills before moving. It will allow you to avoid adding interest to your debts. If you take these tips into account and change something, the calculator will show you a completely different and much smaller value.
How are local moves calculated?
The calculator estimating moving costs counts local moves based on tariffs. Usually, companies charge for one hour of their work for local moves. The average cost in the USA is about $25-50 for mover/per hour. Still, the moving company determines tariffs independently of other companies but in connection with the general market price. That is why prices may vary. The calculator online will count according to the company's tariffs.
How are long-distance moves calculated?
The long-distance moving calculator counts moving value based on the number of full miles between the place you are moving from and your new destination. Also, the weight of your possessions is taken into account. Move calculator counts weight cost based on a 50 cents per pound tariff. Moving estimate for the distance is 75 cents per mile for long-distance moves. However, these tariffs are also determined by the moving company and may vary.
If you want packing by the moving company, how much will it cost?
Movers and packers determine the cost of packing depending on the scope of work and the specifics of the things packed. For example, the cost of packing fragile things, such as crystal, will be higher. You can pack your possessions by yourself. However, the risk of such things being damaged in the process of moving is much higher. Professional packers of the moving company have a huge experience of safe packing for different types of things. That is why the risk of damage will be minimal with their services. If you want the highest possible protection for your items, choose the service of professional packers. The average price for packing varies from $900 to $1,500. Packers and mover's price calculator will show you the difference in price depending on who will pack your belongings.
What is the cheapest time to move?
The calculator moving estimates the price of services based on the season you want to move in. The cheapest season for moving starts at the beginning of October and lasts till the end of March. The only exception is the time of Christmas and other holidays. Still, even during this time, the cost of moving will be much lower than during the summertime. Save your money by choosing an appropriate season for your move. Compare different prices using the calculator online.
How to estimate moving size?
The calculator moving cost takes into account your moving size. The simplest way to determine it is to specify the number of rooms in your house for Moving Quote Calculator. You can go the other way, but it will be much more difficult. For that, you should create a list of large furniture items (wardrobes, beds, bureau, etc.). And then, you need to specify this when counting in the calculator. You should do that if you have a lot of rooms but with small amounts of furniture in them. In such a case, your moving scope will be less in comparison to counting the number of rooms. You can compare these two approaches to measuring moving size by counting both separately on a quote calculator.
What has the Valuation coverage cost?
The calculator moving quote includes insurance in its estimates. The cost of insurance depends on the moving company. The average price taken into account by the calculator is 60 cents per pound/item. If movers or packers damage some of your possessions, you will be reimbursed by the company. Also, the insurance will cover all the damages received during a move. If the total budget of your moving cost is too high, you can minimize it by selling or donating your things. In such a case, the insurance price will decrease as well. The estimation of your moving by the calculator moving quote is free of charge.
Preparing for your move with an online moving estimate calculator is convenient and effective. After the initial estimation provided by the calculator moving company, you will know the total budget for your move. Still, you can substantially decrease it by following the tips proposed to you in this article. After you take some actions devoted to minimizing the amount of transported things, use the cost calculator once again. The much lower cost shown by the calculator is guaranteed!