Got2Move and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Each of us is aware of the rapidly changing situation around the Covid-19 virus both in the US and around the world. We all follow the development of the situation and are guided by information from reliable sources, such as the World Health Organization, the federal government, local governments and the Department of Public Health, which now regularly provide newsletters offering advice and guidance to both individuals and companies.
We are also taking extra safety measures, including regularly sanitizing trucks and equipment, using hand sanitizer throughout the move, and even practicing social distancing with our teams and customers.
The safety of our customers and employees is most important to us and is our priority. We are constantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and we will follow all government advice and take the necessary steps to avoid further spread of the virus.
FOLLOW THE RULES OF HYGIENE AND SAFETY WHEN USING OUR MOVING SERVICES:
- Keep the distance of at least 6 feet away from our staff.
- Wear a sanitary mask – dressing the mask by both our staff and the client greatly reduces the risk of contracting a virus.
- Use if you own and have the option of wearing a protective suit while moving. Another option is to change a few times throughout the moving day.
- Use if you have and have the option of wearing protective gloves while moving.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water or a disinfectant containing alcohol.
- We recommend online payments to avoid direct contact with money which, as we all know, is the largest source of bacteria.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with everyone, avoid greetings that include physical contact, e.g. handshakes.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or handkerchief – throw away the tissues immediately and wash your hands.
Got2Move remains committed to providing the superior service and support that you have come to rely on. If you can, please, consider rescheduling your move for May or postpone it for later. Otherwise, if it’s not an option for you, we’ll do our best to do your move in the safest and professional manner possible in the current situation. Please reach out to any member of the Got2Move team with any questions and/or concerns you may have about your move with Got2Move.